Pomodoro Steamed Branzino
- Whole Branzino (cleaned/gutted)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
Play by Play:
- Sauté cherry tomatoes, garlic (use whole cloves. I minced it but it burned too quickly. I added whole cloves later and it was fine too), olive oil and salt & p.
- Add cold water and smash the tomatoes a bit to get the juices going. Doesn’t have to be precise. They will all open up eventually but I like to do it to speed it up. Keep heat on medium and let the water reduce a bit.
- Add whole branzino on top of the pan and cover with a lid or splash guard.
- Let it go for about 10 -15 minutes or until the eye of the fish looks cooked through (cloudy and white). NO NEED TO FLIP THE FISH!
- De-bone and enjoy