Lentil & Leek Salad
- Fresh Dill
- Olive Oil
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
Play by Play:
- Hot tip: I like to get the cooked lentils (1 package is enough for about 4 servings) and cleaned leeks (2 packs) from trader joes. This speeds things up quite a bit. However, you can cook dried lentils, and drain it, and clean the leeks yourself too.
- Cut the leeks in about 1 inch rounds in a pyrex with olive oil salt and pepper. Option to add garlic if you're into it. Cover and bake at 350 for an hour - hour and a half or until browned.
- Chop half a shallot finely and mix with lemon juice, lemon zest, a splash of red wine vinegar, a heavy pour of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Mix the shallot vinaigrette into the lentils. Add chopped fresh dill.
- Lay the lentils on a large plate and then place the roasted leeks in between or however you like :) Add a few more sprigs of fresh dill and a drizzle of olive oil for good looks.