- Olive Oil
- San Marzano Crushed tomatoes unsalted
- Dried oregano
- Dried parsley
- Chili flakes
- Fresh basil
- Fresh chives
- Pasture raised eggs
Play by Play:
- Sauté shallots and garlic with olive oil in ideally a cast iron pan. Add salt and pepper.
- You can use only fresh tomatoes or when not in full season you can do half fresh half canned. I like to use San Marzano unsalted crushed tomatoes. Always better if it’s in a glass rather than the cans but it’s not accessible.
- After each ingredient you add (general rule) add salt and pepper to make sure it’s properly seasoned.
- Spices/ herbs - use whatever you have. I used dried oregano, dried parsley, chili flakes, fresh basil and fresh chives to finish.
- If you want the eggs to stay runny, take the pan off the heat a bit before it looks ready. It will cook more just by sitting in the hot pan.
- And of course, use high quality pasture raised eggs like Happy Eggs or Vital Farms