Ratatouille is one of the best things to make a big batch of over the weekend for the rest of the week. It’s great with breakfast lunch or dinner. Enjoy it with a baguette, with eggs, some fresh farm cheese 🤌
- Sweet peppers
- Yellow onion
- Fresh basil
- Crushed San Marzano tomatoes unsalted
Play by Play:
- Chop zucchini, eggplant, sweet mixed peppers (can sub for other seasonal veggies) into cubes and lay each cubed veg on its own baking sheet (they having different baking times). Add olive oil, salt, pepper and bake at 350. Peppers take about 30 min, eggplant 45, zucchini 45-60.
- While the veggies are cooking, dice a yellow onion and a few cloves of garlic. Sauté with olive oil on medium heat until browning starts. You can always pour a splash of cold water if the onions start to burn or dry out.
- Add crushed San Marzano tomatoes unsalted to the onions and garlic (you can also make your own crushed tomatoes but this speeds things up)
- Season with salt and pepper. Add herbs - I like to add fresh basil or a bunch of mixed thyme and Rosemary. Leave it to simmer on low until all the veggies are cooked and then take out the stems.
- Add all roasted veggies and mix with the sauce. Let it all simmer for about an hour on low mixing it a few times in between.