Red Wine & Herb Short Rib
- Grass-fed Bone-in Short Ribs
- Olive Oil
- Tomato Paste
- Organic Veggie or Beef Stock
- Salt & Pepper
- Dry Red Wine
Play by Play:
- Season your short ribs with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Ideally in a dutch oven on medium high heat, sear your short ribs on all sides until browned well. Do it in batches so you don't overcrowd the pan, otherwise they won't properly brown.
- Take the short ribs out and add the chopped carrots, onions, and celery into the short rib oils and saute for a few minutes.
- Add a few whole cloves of garlic.
- Add a carton of the stock, a spoonful of tomato paste and a heavy pour of wine. Stir together.
- Add the short ribs into the mix and make sure theres enough liquid covering the meat. If there isn't add more wine.
- Add herbs and put the lid on the dutch oven and let it simmer on medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- Then say goodbye for 2.5-3 hours in the oven at at 300 degrees.
- Pull it out of the oven and you should be able to easily put a fork through the meat. It should melt in your mouth!