Simple Pasta Pomodoro
- Spaghetti, Bucatini, Capellini, whatever pasta you like!
- Mixed Cherry Tomatoes
- Crushed Unsalted San Marzano Tomatoes
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Fresh Basil
- Parmesan Cheese (Optional)
Play by Play:
- Add minced garlic to a pot on low heat with olive oil and salt. Let it simmer for a minute or two.
- Add the whole cherry tomatoes and turn up the heat to medium. Add salt & pepper. Cover the pot and let the tomatoes blister and melt down for about 5 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and mix together. Add more salt and pepper and taste.
- Let it simmer on medium low until the sauce is at a good consistency. Add a few splashes of the starchy pasta water and mix in for creaminess. You can always turn the heat up and uncover the pot if you want the sauce to thicken. Have fun with it and Trust Your Palette above all else!
- Mix in chopped or whole basil leaves for aroma and taste.
- Mix in your pasta of choice and incorporate it into the sauce. Optional parmesan cheese grating as always :)